Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Creamy White Chili

I tried this amazing new recipe this weekend that everyone absolutely loved, so I though I'd share.

I've been looking at several non-gluten free cooking blogs for ideas and stumbled upon this recipe for Creamy White Chili. You don't have to play with the recipe at all, it's gluten free as it stands (make sure the chicken broth is gluten free, though).

Here is the recipe, copied from the blog. Please check out My Kitchen Cafe for the original.

Creamy White Chili

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon oil
2 cans (15 1/2 ounces each) Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup whipping cream

In a large saucepan, saute chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cream. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately. This is especially good served with tortilla chips. Makes about 6 servings.

I am not joking, this turned out to be incredible. And her suggestion to eat it with tortilla chips is a great one. We made some white rice to go with it that we stirred into our chili to thicken it up a little. Everyone liked to spoon it into a corn tortilla and eat it like a taco. Its a very versatile recipe that you need to make. Tonight.

I fed this to 5 people (including myself), and everyone was commenting over and over again about how amazing it was. It was so good, I'm already craving it again!

1 comment:

Fatcat said...

It sounds wonderful! I can't wait to try it.