Friday, January 16, 2009

Not dead...yet

My body's putting up a heck of a fight. Here is me in all my glory yesterday leaving the dentist:


I actually felt worse that I look there, if you can believe it. Yesterday I was in the most terrible pain. It was horrible. Being semi-conscious through the procedure was also traumatizing. I was fully aware of what was going on during the first tooth's removal (I couldn't feel it though, obviously) and that's just messed up. Knowing that someone is clamped on your tooth with a pair of plyer-looking things at are yanking back and forth is awful. I was making noises and starting kicking my feet, so I think they gassed me more. Because I think I fell asleep and/or was completely out of it for the remaining three. I don't remember them. Once the numbness wore off, Oh my goodness, the pain was unbearable. I started crying because it hurt so bad and the medication wasn't doing anything to dull it. Every tooth in my mouth hurt and I had terrible pain through my entire jaw. Towards the end of the night, the pain was FINALLY diministing and I fell asleep. I drooled a sexy bloody drool all over my pillow. Awesome.
Day 2 is supposed to be better, right? Let me just answer that with a big fat NO. The pain is significantly better, just some left over soreness in my jaw. But, as of 11:30 this morning, I have thrown up twice. The first time was a goody, got it all over myself and all over the bathroom too! Yay! Brandon isn't home so I got to clean everything up myself as my hands were shaking and I had vomit on my face and clothes. I figured that my tummy may be upset from taking my medication on an empty stomach. So I ate some yogurt. Shortly there after, yep that's right, strawberry flavored vomiting ensued. Now the plan is to not eat or drink anything for a bit to avoid any more throwing up. I'm scared that I am going to dislodge the blood clots.
Well I am going to try to nap now, the meds make me sleepy. Hope everyone is having a better day than me!

1 comment:

Endless Possibilities said...

Poor Stephie. I called you yesterday to check in and now I know that you were to sick to answer. I was hoping that you eating a ton of ice cream. I hope that get better soon.