Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Enjoy Life Cinnamon Crunch Granola


I had been eyeing this gluten free granola in the grocery store for a long while now. I just couldn't bring myself to pay the 5 bucks for it though, so I patiently waited for it to go on sale. FINALLY! They were on sale for like 20% off, so I scooped it up and internally did a happy dance.

I couldn't wait to try it! I've been waiting some granola something fierce. I took out one of the delicious looking clusters and popped it in my mouth.

Yuck, yuck, yuckity yuck. This tasted like dirt. Worse than dirt. Like STALE dirt. How does dirt become stale? I don't know, ask Enjoy Life! They mastered it!

It's really unfortunate that this didn't turn out to be as incredible as I anticipated. I had visions of me adding some of this to my yogurt, or just snacking right out of the package. This may or may not be an itty bit better if you eat it in milk as cereal. Maybe it would help wash away that sawdust taste and texture. If you try it, let me know. But as for right now, this product is getting shoved to the "disgraceful" part of my gluten free cabinet. The only good thing about this product was that I saved 20% of my hard-earned money on it.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Hi there,

Nancy from Enjoy Life here. Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with our granola. I wanted to let you know that we're hard at work right now on a new & improved formula that will include certified GF oats. The new granola will be much more like "regular" granola and I can assure you it's really delicious. Not sure exact timing, but it will hopefully be on store shelves by the end of the year.

GF Steph said...

That sounds great, Nancy! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the new granola and will give it a try!

Endless Possibilities said...

Sorry that these sucked so bad! Well, at least they will improve it!

Debbie said...

I've bought Enjoy Life products a couple of times. They are not the most tasty, but that is perhaps they are leaving out all of the major intolerance ingredients people have - gluten, egg, dairy, etc. Have you tried Trader Joe's gluten-free granola? It is really great, gluten free and cheaper:)
Debbie

Stephanie said...

I have celiac and am 100% gluten free as well. I hated this granola, too! I'm glad I found your blog, though!

Sally said...

I, too, had a very hard time with this granola. It's really hard, so hard that I actually got a headache from trying to bite through the bits! It's nice to know that our critiques are taken seriously by the folks at Enjoy Life and that they're striving to make improvements!