Friday, November 14, 2008

You might wanna reconsider that Hershey's chocolate bar.

I don't know about everyone else, but this really bothers me. I'm staying away from their products from now on. Turns out their products aren't real milk chocolate anymore, but some sort of fake chocolate. And according to these articles, they won't tell consumers what exactly it contains. They can't even label them as milk chocolate anymore due to FDA regulations.

Please read these articles. I think it's important for people on a gluten free diet to know that they may be consuming some sort of mystery chocolate.

Hershey's "Kissables" No Longer Legally Considered "Milk Chocolate"?

Hershey Responds: Consumers Love Our New Fake Chocolate!

And for a complete list of Hershey's products, go here.

Fake chocolate? That just gives me the heebie jeebies. It says that Milk Duds have been this reformulated version for years now, which is interesting because the last time I ate Milk Duds, they really upset my stomach. I even googled them to make sure that they were gluten free, which I read that there were, but who knows if that was pre-reformulation or not. It's better just to stear clear, in my opinion.

What do you think about this news?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hershey's chocolate always left a bitter taste in my mouth, I won't be sad to cut it out of my "tolerable" foods list! Thanks for posting this!

Endless Possibilities said...

Yeah, thanks for posting! It is better to know what you are eating! I wont be eating these any longer. I hate cutting another item off the list.