Monday, December 8, 2008

Sof'ella Organic Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix

This cake is sold at Costco in a two pack. You get two packs of cake mix and two packs of frosting mix. It is sold for $9.99. I had eyeballed this once before, but was hesistant to buy so much of a cake mix I wasn't sure I'd like. But my mom said that she tried a sample of this on Free Food Day (that's what Brandon calls it) and she said it was really good. So she bought it to try. After hearing that she thought it was good, I picked up a box the next time I was at Costco.

Now, I haven't actually made this myself yet, so I can't tell you how simple it is. But from what I remember reading on the box, it requires few ingredients and is seems easy to prepare. My mom made the cake for me over Thanksgiving weekend. I wanted to post this review even though I don't have pictures, because I don't want anyone to pass this over in the store because they haven't heard of it.

This cake mix is by the far the best gluten free chocolate cake I have EVER had. It is so moist and fudgey. The texture is absolutely amazing. I swear, gluten eaters wouldn't even know they were eating anything different. As I was eating it, I was going on and on about how my tastebuds were exploding in pleasure. I even had myself a second slice. Awesome.

The frosting included in the package sucked though. I don't like it at all. But I don't like most of those powdered sugar and cocoa frostings. I scraped it all off. But this cake is so moist and delicious that I told my mom that you could make the cake and just leave off the frosting all together and you would miss it a bit.

Here's the bottom line. You are missing out if you do not buy this cake on your next Costco run. It is to die for.

No comments: