Monday, August 4, 2008

Craving! Need opinions..

Ok, so I am totally craving Strawberry Cake. However, today I am a lazy baker and I do not want to put a lot of effort into it. Pre-boxed items are my life savers.

So here is my question to you. I need opinions on how I can make a Strawberry Cake using a store bought gluten free cake mix.

Here is my thought: I was thinking about buying a white cake mix, then maybe adding a few tablespoons of strawberry jello mix to it. Do you think that would work? I can't decide if that will come out funky or not. Or even if that will give it enough strawberry flavor. I'd hate to get all siked up for it then it come out shitty. And I definitely do not want all the trouble of mixing several flours and ingredients and all that other time consuming, messy stuff.

Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Endless Possibilities said...

If it were me, I would make it like a strawberry shortcake! Use strawberry glaze in layers (cut the middle and put the glaze there). Then take some whipped cream on top and garnish with fresh strawberries! Yummy! Would that hit the spot?

Marlow said...

My Dad uses Strawberry Jello! I'll get more details and let you know! It makes one heck of a delish cake!

Marlow said...

http://glutenfreemommy.com/strawberry-cake/

Allie said...

I was just going to send you Gluten Free Mommy's version, but Marlow beat me to it...

It looks rather involved, but i bet it tastes good!

GF Steph said...

Thanks guys! I saw the strawberry cake on gluten free mommy's blog and that's what sparked this whole thing! Man, that picture looks scrumptious! I read the recipe and was like, "Ughh so much wooorrrkkk..." so I was hoping someone had a shortcut! Lol. I bought a white cake mix, I think I am just going to add a couple tablespoons of strawberry jello mix and see how that turns out. I will probably try the frosting she made though, it sounds sooo good! Thanks for the input!