Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kinni-Toos Chocolate Sandwich Cookies

I was very excited to (finally) find these chocolate sandwich creme (AKA oreo-like cookie) cookies by Kinnikinnick when I was walking around Whole Foods one day. I had heard of them and was dying to try them. I LOVED oreos, oh my goodness. I'd dunk them in my milk until they were falling apart and then I'd devour every last crumb.


I did not take this picture. I had some pictures that were on Ol' Bessie (my late laptop, RIP) that B took and I was waiting to use those to post this review. But we might not be seeing those pictures anytime soon, or ever. So pre-fab picture you get.

I got home, I poured myself a coffee mug of milk and I anxiously opened this package. I was SURE that these were going to be life-alteringly (is that a word, lol) amazing. I took a bite of the cookie to try it sans milk. Ick. Maybe it'll be better dunked in milk? 5 seconds in the milk and it was crumbling. Shoot. I quickly stuffed it in my mouth. Double ick. The taste is like eating granulated sugar mixed with cocoa power. The texture was crumbly, extremely light (like there was nothing to it), and gritty.

Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. These were gross. I couldn't even bring myself to eat a second one. Blah. How disappointing.

1 comment:

Endless Possibilities said...

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I will not be buying these for us to eat at Jacob's birthday party after all :(