Wednesday, June 11, 2008

6 months down, the rest of my life to go! :-)

Yesterday was my 6 month anniversary of being gluten free. I know that doesn't seem long, but it is a really big accomplishment for me and I wanted to celebrate it! Unfortunately, yesterday was a really busy day, and The Boy and I didn't get home until really late. But I did not let that keep me from baking my gluten-free chocolate celebration cake! I didn't have time to make a fancy dinner (I ate cereal and he had ramen) and we were eating cake at 11:30 at night, but I am not complaining! The Boy surprised me by bringing home a Congratulations balloon, two bottles of my favorite wine (that we didn't even crack into), and a card with the greatest note ever written inside. He helped me bake my Gluten Free Pantry Decadent Chocolate Cake, and it turned out fantastic. So I have officially passed my first major milestone in my gluten free life, and I am feeling more energized about remaining gluten free than ever. I think I might make an "official" fancy dinner this weekend and break out the wine for a true celebration. Hmm..pot roast anyone?

1 comment:

Michelle & Jacob said...

That is so awesome! I am so proud of you!!! It is great that B is so supportive of it too! Congrats Steph!!!