Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Glutino Cheese Pizza

Okay, so, thus far I have had really good luck with the Glutino brand products. Bagels, english muffins, pretzels, crackers...all delicious. Let's keep the good luck rolling, right? So I read a good review of the Glutino Spinach and Feta pizza on Gluten Free Food Reviews and decided to try the cheese pizza on for size. Glutino has given me back my beloved bagels, could it be I could now enjoy a wonderful slice of pizza in the comforts of my home as well?

I had an absolutely exhausting day at work today, and when I came home I thought, "Well, we could either A.) Start a fast that would start tonight and end promptly tomorrow morning or B.) Make something that required no effort or thought on my part. Pizza it is!"

I have to admit, I was extremely disappointed when I removed said pizza from its wrapping. Let's just say it left a LOT to be desired...




It was so bad that the saunce/cheese topping was completely separate from the crust. Here I am holding the sauce in my hand.


Sigh. I was downtrodden, to say the least. I almost threw it away. How could this possibly be any good?? It was then that my tummy grumbled and said, "Eat this or start eating the furniture, your choice." I gave into my bossy tummy and somehow assembled my pizza the best I could. I put it in the oven and begrudgingly waited.

11 minutes later...



This is what I had. Now I know you're thinking, Stephanie, is that a frisbee? Alas, no it is my dinner. I was angry at the damn pizza at this point (can you tell how horrible my day was? Lol). I was convinced that I was on the losing end of some really unfortunate karma. When the crust wouldn't cut at one point, my boyfriend had to take the pizza cutter away from me.

I was sad when I started eating, but after my first bite, I was surprised and delighted! This is actually edible and enjoyable! I did not eat the outer crust because I thought it was a bit dry and bland, but I ate the rest and really liked it! I would definitely eat this again, believe it or not.

Ahhh, Glutino, you are a warm flannel blanket on a cold winter morning. You are the marshmellows floating in my hot cocoa. You are the moments in between hitting the snooze button for the 5th time. I love you Glutino. Let's be together forever.

2 comments:

Michelle and Jacob said...

LMAO! I love when the sauce and the cheese actually separate from the crust! I am glad in the end it was edible!

One day we should go to that pizza place in Tempe and get some of that pizza you were telling me about!

Karen said...

Yay for Glutino!That is horrible the sauce separated from the crust though- Maybe it was an old pizza? Either way, I am glad you decided to taste it- their pizzas are good in a pinch if you are really hungry but don't have much to choose from.